OLA ELECTRIC MOBILITY PRIVATE LIMITED warrants – that each new CHARGER for Ola S1 Pro/S1 shall be free from any defects in both material and workmanship, under normal use and maintenance
Ola Electric Technologies Private Limited and Ola Electric Mobility Private Limited are together offering the Ola Electric Extended Warranty Plan for your vehicle’s battery, scooter, charger and other parts.
Ola Electric Technologies Private Limited and Ola Electric Mobility Private Limited reserve the right to change any of the terms and conditions of these warranty terms at any time. We will provide notice of any material changes by posting an announcement on the official web-site of Ola Electric. You may review these terms regularly to ensure that You are aware of any changes made by us. The continued use of our Website / Services by You, after changes are posted, means that You agree to be legally bound by these Terms and Conditions as updated and/or amended. In the case of any violation of these Terms and Conditions or any additional terms posted on Our Website, we reserve the right to seek all remedies available by law and in equity for any such violations.
This plan is designed to extend the protection of your battery, scooter, charger & other parts from any defects in both manufacturing and workmanship, for the duration of the plan term.
EXTENDED WARRANTY NO. 1 – ‘Battery only’ coverage
The extended warranty coverage of the battery under the Battery Only coverage is optional and can be bought at cost by the customer. It shall be valid for a period of 24 months from the date of expiry of the original manufacturer’s warranty of the scooter or a total scooter driven distance of 60,000 km (from the date of purchase of the scooter), whichever comes first.
EXTENDED WARRANTY NO. 2 – ‘Comprehensive’ coverage
The extended warranty coverage of the battery & scooter components under the Comprehensive coverage is optional and can be bought at cost by the customer. It shall be valid for a period of 24 months from the date of expiry of the original manufacturer’s warranty of the scooter or a total scooter driven distance of 60,000 km (from the date of purchase of the scooter), whichever comes first.
The Comprehensive Extended Warranty includes extension on the warranty of the Charger and is provided by Ola Electric Mobility Private Limited.
TERMS OF EXTENDED WARRANTY
The option of purchasing Extended Warranty No. 1 and/or 2 can be exercised only in the first year of purchase of your scooter.The option to purchase after the first year will be at Ola Electric’s discretion. The price of the warranty will be subject to pricing revisions.
The Ola Electric Extended Warranty Plan is transferable to the subsequent owner for the remaining extended warranty period and is applicable only in India.
The Company’s obligation is limited and final to repairing or replacing, free of cost, those parts of the scooter, which upon examination by the company may be acknowledged to be defective in manufacturing or workmanship within the warranty period stipulated above. Such defective parts that have been replaced shall become the property of the Company.
All labor costs with respect to the above replacement or repair during the warranty period shall be borne by the Company.
ITEMS NOT COVERED UNDER EXTENDED WARRANTY
This extended warranty shall not apply to:
- Any natural wear and tear or aging of the battery & other components of the scooter.
- Parts like brake pads, brake discs, bearings, tyre bushes, rubber parts, belts, grommets and seals.
- Consumables like the brake oil system, oil suspension system oil, grease and fastener.
- Normal maintenance services including but not limited to cleaning and polishing, wheel balancing, wheel alignment, tyre rotation, etc.
- Replacement of parts as a result of normal wear and tear.
- Damage or failure resulting from the use of improper or inferior oil or lubricants.
- Negligence of carrying out proper maintenance as written in the Owner’s Manual and Service Manual – misuse, abuse, accidents, theft, flooding, fire or taking part in motor races.
- Scooters used with sidecars not manufactured or supplied by the Company.
- Use of parts other than the company’s genuine parts or of any device and accessories not supplied by the Company with the scooter.
- Modifications, alterations, tampering or improper repairs done at any unauthorized service points.
- Parts of software used in applications which were neither designed nor approved by the Company.
- Paint scratches, dents or similar paint or body damage on the scooter not due to the Company.
- Scooters on which motor numbers or chassis numbers are deleted, defaced or altered.
- Tyres originally fitted on the scooter warranted directly by the respective manufacturers and not by the company.
- The Company shall not be liable for incidental, remote, indirect or consequential damages of any kind, including without limitation for loss of time, inconvenience, loss of use of scooter or commercial loss due to the use of the scooter.
- Any extended warranty obligations shall only be triggered when the defect in the scooter is brought to the notice of the company by the customer and on logging their complaint.
- The Company shall not be liable for any delay in servicing due to reasons beyond the control of the Company.
- The Company may make any modifications or improvements to the scooters in the future, at any time without prior notice and without any obligation to install the same on scooters previously dispatched after sale.
- This extended warranty – is given by the Company for the Ola S1 Pro/S1 scooters and no employee is authorized to extend or enlarge this warranty and no dealer and/or its agent or employee is authorized to make any oral warranty on the Company’s behalf.
- Damage caused by Deep Discharge of the battery due to customer negligence.
- Scooters used for commercial purposes.
- Consequential/Causal Damages not covered in Battery Only Coverage
*Cancellation of this Extended Warranty is not allowed post completion of scooter registration and the company reserves the right to the final decision in all matters relating to the Ola Electric Extended Warranty Plan.
Note:This extended warranty is powered by Acko General Insurance Limited.